Wednesday, February 11, 2015

About Sickness...

This blog has been deserted for years...literally!
I'm sorry about that...
Anyway!
My question today is "why sickness?". The problem is : I don't have the answer!
No one has it, anyway..
But everyone at some point is going to get sick.
Now even if we can't know why, we can know how to cope with it.
My life being what it is, I have had to learn to cope with some serious illnesses. A friend of mine likes to say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I agree. Even if it makes you weak and fragile on the outside, it can make you stronger on the inside. 
Yes, it can. It doesn't always make you wiser or stronger. Sometimes it makes you bitter instead of making you better. 
It is a choice one has to make. 
Will it make you think you are the only one to suffer in the world? Or that you are the one who suffers the most? Will it make you angry at everyone(and especially those who seem to have no problem in their lives)?Will it get the best of you? Will it make you pity yourself? Will it make you angry at God? Or doubt His goodness, love, faithfulness, you name it?
Will it help you understand other people who suffer around you? Will it help you surpass yourself and stretch your limits? Will it help you learn perseverance? Will it bring you closer to God? Will it help you learn about His goodness, love, faithfulness, power, etc?
You are the one to decide. 
If you are sick and it doesn't kill you, or even if it can or will kill you, will it make you stronger? Or even better : will it make you understand how weak you are and how strong God is?

"he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9-10) 


No comments:

Post a Comment