Monday, February 06, 2012

Crazy Love?

I'm currently reading a book. Wait, let me say it again : I'M READING A BOOK! Haha this is crazy, I know! ^^
Well, this book is called Crazy Love(by Francis Chan). When I first started to read it, I really wasn't impressed and I didn't like it. I actually didn't want to read it at all. Let me explain  :

My youth group decided to read this book(or our leader told us into doing it, I'll never really know^^) when I wasn't there. So, as everybody seemed to agree, I had no choice but to read it too. We read a chapter per week and at the end of the week, we talk about what we've read. The first chapter isn't the best, really. The author makes some good points, but it really isn't the best thing I've ever read like what they seemed to say it was.
Anyway. What is actually interesting is the discussion that comes after each reading. It helps understand and remember and realize what the author meant, and what God wants us to understand and remember and realize through it.
The last chapter I read(the third one)is entitled just like the book itself : Crazy Love. After reading that chapter and talking with my youth group, I entered a new dimension in my relationship with God. I had this desire for some time to do more than just believe in God. I wanted to love God and have really that relationship of love between him and me, and me and him. I knew with my mind that God loves me, but I found it hard to love him really. I only believed, to be honest. To me, in the Bible, the main thing is Love. True Love. That's basically what it's all about. God's Love for humans and this desire he has for it to be reciprocal. That's the challenge :
"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." (Deuteronomy 6:5)

The greatest commandment, the first one, the most important. (and maybe the most difficult?) Once we realize his love for us, it becomes easier to love him. I find it easier to love him now. It even inspired me a love song!  In love? Crazy? Crazy Love? 

If you want to read the book, ask your youth group leader or/and find information, videos and buy it here : http://crazylovebook.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment